Thursday, July 17, 2008

Goal Setting (Part 2)

Last meeting, we did an activity (North, East, South, West) to test your team building and goal setting skills as a class. Your HA and I were doing our evaluation after the session and we were really happy about the outcome of the activity. Personally, I found it very amusing to see you guys work as a team. Well, at first, everything wasn't working. But towards the middle part of the activity, I thought you guys figured out a good strategy and eventually you were able to reach your goal in the fastest time possible.

What's important is this: you guys strategized and worked together to reach a certain goal. Having strategies actually sets the possibility of achieving one's goals in a clearer and realistic light and drives one in making "mini-differences" along the way that could greatly contribute to the full accomplishment of one's set goals.

Last week's online assignment was about being aware or knowing what your roles and goals are and how you can deal with them.

You have different roles in the different spheres of your personality.
- as a student i should study hard in order to prepare myself for what i will have to go through after school (julienne)
- as a student - to continue learning till my time comes and use what i have learned in a good manner (macky)
- role as a daughter-- offer support, make them proud, stay obedient,love them through and through. (alexis)
- To always be there for my father and to be a good deserving son. (paolo p.)
- As a sister, my role is to keep things in order among ourselves. (akiko)
- As a friend my role is to be of help in times when they need it and just to be a person they can be with. (albert)
- as a member of an organization in and out of school? to be responsible for what I do and to always remember that whatever I will do will reflect the name of the organization i'm in. (raymond)

You also have set goals in these different roles of yours.
- serve God until my last breath - continue to be active in the church (raymond)
-
Goals:
Be closer to God.
Have my own business which will serve the community and the environment.
Live a happy life.
Be an instrument of love to others.
Graduate with high honors :)

How to reach my goals:
Love God and trust him.
Study well and keep myself focused on doing things, not for myself, but for others.
Stay happy and optimistic.
Spread love. :)
Stay focused. :)
(kathleen)
-
5 of goals
1. find happiness
2. find fulfillment
3. find peace
4. find soul mate
5. find contentment

how to make them possible.
live life to the fullest, carpe diem.
(peepo)
-
i. To graduate from ADMU - STUDY
ii. Continue family business - DETERMINATION
iii.Live harmoniously - PEACE
iv. Happy family - LOVE!
v. A good person - VALUES
(akiko)

Just remember that in college, it is very important for you to set your goals and priorities. Unlike high school, we're already talking about serious stuff - your FUTURE. Strategize really well!!!

For next week's meeting, July 23:
We will be having another prayer session. You will be divided into two groups. I will announce the venue and the grouping as soon as possible.

No comments: